Wednesday 29 June 2016

June Favourites

How is it the end of June already? God, this year has actually flown by so far. Over the course of the month, I've bought and used quite a lot of new products that I've been really excited about and have really been enjoying. My birthday was at the end of May so I have to admit, a lot of my birthday money went on new beauty products. This post includes all of the the things that I've been loving over the course of June, both makeup, skincare and random favourites.

Makeup

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (Mont Blanc) - I used the Nars Sheer Glow foundation quite a lot last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. I then decided to try out other foundations, before repurchasing it again at the end of May. When I bought this, I honestly don't know why I ever changed. I'm the shade Mont Blanc which is the closest and most accurate shade of foundation that I've ever bought. I love the heavier coverage that it gives me and it feels very weightless. It really does what the name suggests and gives your face a very subtle glow, and I find it lasts me for ages. This is hands down one of my favourite foundations I've ever tried and is worth every penny it costs. The only downside is that it doesn't come with a pump, but I can let that slide considering how amazing it is.

MAC Satin Lipstick in Captive - This is the newest addition to my MAC lipstick collection and I absolutely love it. A friend bought me it for my birthday and God does she know me well, because I''ve been wearing this constantly since I got it.  It's a dark pinkish-purple shade that applies a lot darker than it looks. I normally opt for their Matte shades, but this is one of the Satin lipsticks that I've actually really been enjoying as it's a shade that's very easy to wear. The texture and consistency of this lipstick is very creamy and not at all drying, and I find it to be very long lasting. This is fast becoming one of my favourite MAC lipstick shades I own.

MAC Studio Fix Powder (NC30) - I have to say that I absolutely adore this powder. I've been using this for quite a while now, but feel I used it and loved it a lot more over the course of June. I sometimes wear it alone when I'm feeling a more natural look, or on top of foundation which is what I mostly do. I love the colour it gives to my face, as well as being really long lasting and durable. It gives you that air brushed finish we all dream of and covers any lumps and bumps I have so well. I really enjoy using this powder a lot, and would encourage you to give it a go if you haven't tried it yet.

Anastasia Bevery Hills Cream Contour Kit (Fair) - I'm relatively new to the world of contouring, and have normally used highlighter and bronzer to contour my face. I decided to purchase this cream contour kit as I thought using creams would be much easier for me to use than powders. I bought it in the shade Fair, as I'm quite pale and wanted to keep the colours quite light and natural. I've really been loving this product as it's been very easy to use and blend, and the colours have complimented my skin tone perfectly. I love how light the consistency of the creams are and how much they really do enhance my features. It's also very obvious how good quality it is compared to other contour kits. I've really been loving this and it has definitely helped me become at least average at contouring.

Skincare

The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser - I'd never used a pore minimiser before but decided to pick this up on a trip into my local Body Shop. This product smells absolutely amazing and I love how it leaves my skin feeling. It definitely does work, as I have noticed my pores looking smaller and my skin feeling much healthier. It can also be used as a makeup base which is a massive bonus, and is very mattifying if you use it in this way.

Random Favourites

Love Island - If you're from the UK, you'll know about the reality TV show Love Island that's been on ITV2 at the moment. This has been my absolute guilty pleasure over the course of the month and I haven't missed a single episode, even though it's on every night. It's about a bunch of single guys and girls staying at a villa in Spain looking to find love, and I've been absolutely obsessed. I'd give it a watch on catch up if you haven't caught it yet, but beware - it's addictive.

Scream - Another TV show I've been addicted to this month has been Scream, which I've been watching on Netflix. The second season is currently being released weekly on the site and I have to say, I've been loving it. Without giving too much away, it's about a serial killer who strikes a town and is based on the movies of the same name. It's very creepy and full of suspense - it's definitely something you should watch if you're a fan of horrors. The full first season is currently on Netflix for anyone who is wanting to give it a try.

These have been all the things I've really been loving over the course of June. Let me know what you've been loving, and if you've enjoyed any of the things I've mentioned. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a great day!

See you guys soon x

4 comments:

  1. Yes! The MAC Studio Fix powder has been my holy grail for about 5 years now. I love wearing it on it's own or on top of foundation. I also love Sheer Glow, it is a gorgeous foundation.

    I tried the Tea Tree Primer but I can't make my mind up on it yet.

    Emmy | EmmysBeautyCave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think it might just depend on your skin type as it's been working really well for me!

      Delete
  2. I love nars sheer glow foundation as well :) Ooh I've been uming and ahing about getting the mac studio fix powder for a while now. I've seen countless great reviews! x
    Lottie | LottieLately.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much, definitely worth the purchase! X

      Delete