Friday 22 July 2016

Sleek Makeup Haul

Sleek is a makeup brand I was only introduced to earlier this year. I picked up their face contour kit and really enjoyed it, yet never repurchased anything from them after this and I'm not sure why. Then, on a recent trip to my local Boots, I decided it was time to give this brand another try. They had a 3 for 2 offer on their products which just tipped me over the edge and I ended up picking up a few things.

i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in A New Day - I'm such a sucker for eyeshadow palettes, but most of the ones I own are more high end. That's why, when I seen how affordable the Sleek palettes are, I knew I had to pick one up. I decided to choose A New Day as the colours were shades I had been looking for recently and they all looked beautiful. I have been absolutely loving this palette since I got it and have been wearing it most days since. I've tried every single one of the shades so far and not one of them has disappointed me. Some shades are matte while others are shimmer which is what I love in a palette as it gives you some versatility and range. My favourite shades right now from this palette are  Brightside, Carpe Diem and Believer but I honestly do love them all. For the price, this product is really good quality and the shadows last me all day which I'm happily surprised about. The only thing is that it comes with that cheap eyeshadow brush, which was quickly thrown away. But I overall really love this palette and the price of it makes me love it even more.

Matte Me Lip Cream in Petal - I'm normally terrified of light pink shades of lipstick, but after wearing my NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Sydney to absolute death, I feel like I conquered that fear. That's why I decided to pick up this beautiful light pink shade. I've seen these Matte Me lipsticks around the beauty blogging world for quite a while and have seen so many people really enjoying them. That's why I knew I had to pick one up when I seen them. I first of all have to say this shade is absolutely beautiful. It's something I never thought I'd ever wear but I really love it. The consistency and feel of these lip creams is amazing and does not feel drying on your lips at all, which I know is the fear when wearing products like this. They last all day, and I even find myself having to scrub it off at night as it's that long lasting. I absolutely love this product and I'm definitely going to be picking it up in some other shades soon. 

Power Plump Lip Crayon in Power Pink - When I seen this product at the Sleek counter, I was really intrigued by the idea of it. The purpose of it is that it's a very pigmented lip crayon that plumps up your lips and leaves it with a tingling feeling. I didn't know that it left your lips feeling tingley when I bought it though, as this is something I've really disliked about it. The fact that it plumps up your lips was something I found quite exciting, and that's the reason I bought it. The colour of the crayon is really lovely as it's a light fuchsia shade that I don't own anything like. I also like lip crayons as they're very easy to apply and feel very soft on your lips. I do wish I liked this product, I really do, but to be honest I don't. The tingling feeling on your lips is very strong and doesn't go away quickly, so I ended up having to scrub it off my lips after 15 minutes. It wasn't a very nice feeling and I can't imagine myself willing wearing this often, unless I really wanted plumper lips. I can't even comment on if it does plump up your lips as I took it off too quickly.

Overall, Sleek is a brand that I'm really starting to like. For how affordable and high quality their products are, I can definitely see myself purchasing a lot more from them in the future. Let me know if you have any of the products I've mentioned or if you enjoy any of Sleeks other products. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a great day!

See you guys soon x

10 comments:

  1. I love Sleeks matte lipsticks 😍 They are so lovely and I literally have every single colour 🙈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow really? Which one would you suggest I buy next then? 😘

      Delete
  2. I love the Sleek palettes! I'm not overly keen on the matte me lipsticks I find they can be really really dry!? But the colours they have are just stunning! I also own the shade petal. Plus I didn't know they didn't lip crayons im gonna have a look now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? You're the first person I've heard who's not a fan of the Matte Me lipsticks, but that's quite refreshing to hear another side!

      Delete
  3. Ah I feel so behind in the makeup game right now! I used to be on it with drugstore beauty and then I made a friend who is obsessed with Urban Decay so I transitioned to the dark side of counters for a bit, but it's so expensive- and now I keep hearing about all these 'new' companies that are cheaper and just as good. I wasn't really that familiar with Sleek until this post but now I really want to try out their lipsticks- although which would you say is a better brand: NYX or Sleek? I feel I might do a big spending spree soon, and want to know where to spend my money x
    http://halfgirlhalfteacup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so hard for me as I'm a massive NYX fan already and kind of a newbie to Sleek, but I'd say that for right now, NYX for lip products and Sleek for eyes x

      Delete
  4. I had a lip plumping gloss from Soap & Glory once and it was so tingly I took it off within fifteen minutes and have never worn it since, I'm not a big fan of plumping products! I have Matte Me in Rioja Red though and it's got brilliant staying power :D

    Paris x
    http://lifeinflorals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like that, I don't think I like plumping products either! X

      Delete
  5. Could you swatch the pink Matte Me shade? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Sleek too. I have a blusher pallette from them that I'm fairly sure I will never hit pan on because it's sooooo pigmented. Are the eyeshadows in your pallete mega pigmented? I've never tried any of their lip products but I will have to give the lip cream a go. (I don't fancy the plumping product, sounds nippy) .
    Vicky (sirvikalot.wordpress.com/blog)

    ReplyDelete