Saturday 2 July 2016

NYX and Kiko Milano Haul

I recently bought myself some lip products from NYX that I absolutely loved which I feautured in my NYX lip haul post, so decided I wanted to buy some more. If you read my post, you'll know that I wanted to find a counter rather than buying the products online so I could swatch them first. My local Boots doesn't have a counter, but one opened up at the Glasgow Fort on Tuesday so I decided to go there. I originally wanted to buy the Liquid Suede lipstick in Sandstorm, but it was out of stock when I got there (gutter), so I picked up some other lip products instead. I also saw they had a Kiko Milano store which I had never checked out before, and found myself picking up two new eyeshadows while I was there.

Lip Lingerie in Honeymoon - The NYX Lip Lingerie's are a liquid lipstick I'd heard quite a few good things about so really wanted to try one. I picked mine up in the shade Honeymoon, as I already have quite a few brown/nude liquid lipsticks and this one was least similar to any I already own. I find the NYX liquid lipsticks to be very soft and creamy and this one's no exception. It feels very comfortable to wear and I don't find it to be drying at all. It also doesn't dry immediately, so you're able to easily apply more than one layer without it being blatantly obvious where one layer ends and the other begins. I also really like this shade as it's a lot darker than I expected, and can look almost black when I apply a few layers. It's also very durable, and took a lot of scrubbing to get it off my lips. My only issue with this is the applicator, which I've seen a lot of people really enjoying. It's flat rather than being curved to your lip shape which I find a bit annoying, but it's definitely something I can look past since this product is actually really good.

Liquid Suede in Cherry Skies - I have to say that the Liquid Suede line is something that's really been intriguing me the past few weeks. It contains some really bold colours, some of which I'd love to try but I'm just not brave enough, such as Stone Fox, Amethyst and Orange County. As I said, I originally wanted to try Sandstorm but it was out of stock when I got there, so played it safe with the dark red shade Cherry Skies. I own a lot of red lipsticks but I actually don't own any red liquid lipsticks, so I was excited to try this out. At first, I was a bit on the fence about this product. It's extremely pigmented and I seemed to keep using too much and having to start over - a small amount is all you need. It's also very liquidy - duh - when you apply it, so it can run quite easily. It also has the same applicator as the Lip Lingeries, but I'm sure I'll eventually get over my dislike of it. As a shade, Cherry Skies is a really gorgeous deep red colour which I absolutely love and am really happy with. When it dries, it looks really beautiful and elegant. I really like this product but the consistency of it isn't great - I ended up with it all over my hands and teeth (don't even ask me how).

Soft Matte Lip Cream in Sydney - If you read my previous NYX lip haul, you'll know I already purchased two of these lip creams in Cannes and Milan. I really enjoyed them and found them to be so comfortable on my lips, so decided to pick one up in the shade Sydney. I'm not normally a pink lipstick fan, and this shade is a very light pink, but saw people wearing it and thought it looked really nice. And I have to say, I absolutely love it. The consistency of these are gorgeous and it feels so creamy and smooth on the lips. The shade is absolutely beautiful, and is something I never thought I'd enjoy but I really do. The applicator on this is also so much easier for me to use as it's slighly curved on the edge. These are fast becoming some of my favourite lip products considering how affordable they are, and I'm definitely planning on buying some more.



High Pigment Wet And Dry Eye Shadow in 63 - When I visited the Kiko Milano store, these High Pigment Eye Shadows really stood out to me. I have so many palettes I wear religously and don't often buy eye shadows individually, but I really loved the look of these shades. The shade 63 is a pearly rosewood pink colour that has a slight shimmer to it. I haven't actually got round to trying these out yet, but they look absolutely gorgeous. I decided to pick up this one as I realised I didn't have a lot of pink or peach shades in my collection, and after buying the Soft Matte Lip Cream, I wanted to pair it with a pink eye look. I really liked the idea of these and how durable they're stated as being, so I'm very excited to give them a go. 

High Pigment Wet And Dry Eyeshadow in 37 - The other shade I decided to pick up was 37, which is a pearly rose gold shade. This also has a slight shimmer to it and looks absolutely gorgeous. This one is slightly peachy with shimmers of gold through it which really intrigued me. I'm really excited to pair these two shades together, as well as using this shade on it's own or as a base with other shades. I will be posting a review of these shadows soon after I've tried them out, so keep your eyes pealed for that post.

I'm really happy with what I picked up on my shopping trip, and it was all really affordable. I'm really happy with they NYX products I bought and am really excited to try the Kiko Milano eye shadows. Let me know if you've tried out any of the products I've mentioned and what your opinions on them are. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a great day!

See you guys soon x

2 comments:

  1. Loved your opinions of the nyx lip products, I really want to get some myself so have being doing my research. Sandstorm is one of the shades I've been looking at as well, so hope its not sold out too x
    Lottie | LottieLately.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I still really want to try Sandstorm, it's such a beautiful shade. Just need to hope it's in stock when I go back!

      Delete