Friday 8 July 2016

Mini Lush Haul

Lush is a shop I absolutely love but never seem to visit as much as I would like to. I find a lot of their products, especially their bath bombs, really don't react well with my sensitive skin and leave me with a bit of a rash. That's why I decided, on my most recent visit to the shop, to pick up a few different products I'd never tried from Lush before but had heard great things about, that would hopefully not react as badly with my skin.

Sea Spray Hair Mist - Lush's Sea Spray Hair Mist was something I'd heard a lot of people talking about who all seemed to really love it. I really liked the idea of it, as I have very dry hair and needed something to brighten it up, as well as a product that could liften my hair during the day. I do have to say it's not Lush's cheapest product, but I was really intrigued and excited to give it a go. The one thing I have to say about this is that it has a very strong sea salt smell - duh. Some people seem to really like this smell, but I have to be honest - I don't. I feel like you can smell it all day after you use it, so I find myself trying to cover the smell with body sprays and perfumes which is bad, I know. As a product though, I do really like it. I find it keeping my hair very voluminous over the course of the day and holds it in place very well. It's also good to give your hair a bit of a boost when you need it throughout the day. I've found myself using this quite a lot since I got it as it works really well and has been leaving my hair looking great, especially when my hair's been curly. As a product, I do really like this, if only it didn't smell so strongly of sea salt.



Mask of Magnaminty - Now this is one of those 'bloggers made me buy this' products. I had seen a lot of bloggers posting reviews on this face mask, and all the ones I've read so far have been really positive. That's why, on my latest trip to Lush, I knew I just had to pick this up. I went for the smaller size out of the two that were available, just incase I wasn't a fan. This product really appealed to me due to the fact it's supposed to prevent and tame any skin outbreaks, and since I have very spot prone skin, this seemed very suited to me. It can be used on both your face and back which I think is a really smart idea, as I know quite a few people have have bad outbreaks on the top of their backs. It's a peppermint mask which smells absolutely amazing, and I find myself wanting to eat this when I smell it - I obviously don't eat it though. I've found this mask has worked really well for my skin. I've seen such a reduction in outbreaks on my face if I use this once a week, which I'm really happy with. I have noticed though, as I have really sensitive skin, I can't use this more than once a week or it causes my skin to be quite aggrivated. I also need to make sure I remove it after about 5 minutes as well, but that's definitely something I can live with. I really enjoy using this mask and it's worked wonders for my face, so this gets a massive thumbs up from me.

I've now restored my love for Lush and will definitely be back in soon to buy more stuff. Let me know what Lush products I could use with very sensitive skin and what your opinions are of the Sea Spray and Mask of Magnaminty. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a great day!

See you guys soon x 

4 comments:

  1. I've read so many great reviews about that mask! I definitely have to try it out at some point. I like the idea of the spray! I've tried other sea salt spray but they're drying on my hair. Thanks for both recs :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mask is by far my favourite Lush product! And you're welcome, let me know if you try either of them! X

      Delete
    2. I love the lush sprays! I have the other one the one that's for detangling hair and so I completely agree with the strong scent but for me it works wonders. I also adore that lush mask it's my favourite and one of my go to products by them.

      Delete
    3. I never knew they had one for detangling hair, I'll need to give that one a try!

      Delete