Wednesday 15 June 2016

Hoola Zero Tanlines: First Impressions and Review

When Benefit released Hoola Zero Tanlines, I just knew I had to buy it. I love the idea of it and I'm already a massive fan of their Hoola bronzer, so the thought of it all over my body just sounded amazing. The idea of this product is that it's a non-sticky body bronzer that gives you an overall believable bronze without the hassle of having to apply fake tan. It states that it lasts for 12 hours, as well as being transfer-resistant and streak-free. Todays post is not only a review of the product, but my first impressions of it when I purchased it. This is a product I'd been wanting to try for weeks, and I 'm still so happy I finally got round to buying it! My first impressions when I bought this product was the packaging - just look at how damn beautiful it is. I absolutely love the Hawaiian design and the little hoola skirt on the bottle is just the cutest thing ever. Benefit have definitely upped their packaging game with this one. I also love how it's hands free - there's a sponge applicator inside the hoola skirt that detaches from the bottle. I originally wanted this product because I'm so pale and I though that this would be my life saver in the warmer months when I wanted a bit of a bronze. I always seem to have a dilemma during summer - I want to be tan yet don't want to be constantly applying fake tan, which I find to feel quite sticky when it's sunny anyway. This is why I was so excited to purchase this product - it seemed made for me and was the perfect in-between.I was also intrigued by the fact it's stated as being buildable, so you're able to alter how dark you want your bronze to be. Lighter skintones are suggested to apply one layer, with added layers giving you a deeper shade. Darker skintones are suggested to apply more than one layer. Another thing I noticed was the smell - it reminded me of being at the beach and I absolutely love it. It's such a soft and summery smell but isn't too strong, so I was excited to see what it smelt like after it was applied.







Overall, my first impressions of this product were very positive. I'd heard very good reviews about it, and after seeing it for myself, I understood why. The packaging was beautiful, it looked very easy to  apply and it just smells wonderful. But what is it actually like to use?





Honestly I have to say, I do really like this product. I've used it a few times when I've been going out and wanted a bit of a glow, and haven't actually used it when I've been out in the sun which has surprised me. It is so easy to apply and blends so easily which I love, and you don't need a lot to cover you. The sponge is so smooth on your skin and just feels quite luxurious compared to applying fake tan with a mit.

I started by applying one layer, as that's what they've recommended for lighter skin tones, but I found it to be too light. I therefore applied another layer which I found gave me the subtle glow I was looking for. I found it really easy to apply the second layer over the first which was really good, as I sometimes find layering fake tan really streaky and annoying. The colour it gave was so lovely and glowy, and also looked very natural. Everyone I spoke to had thought I'd just caught some sun and didn't even notice I had any bronzer on which is a huge thumbs up.The smell of the bronzer, which I love, isn't as strong when you actually apply it. I feel like you can smell it for a while after it's applied it but it disappears quite quickly. I find this to be a good thing though, as it doesn't clash with any perfumes or body sprays you may be wearing. I absolutely love this product and finding negative things to say about it is proving hard. The only thing would be that it wasn't as long lasting as I would've liked. Saying this though, I was out with my friends when I was wearing it so it may have wore off quicker than if I used it on a normal day.
I would definitely reccomend this to anyone looking for a new body bronzer or anyone who's already a fan of the hoola bronzer. I've really enjoyed using it so far and am planning on using it a lot more in the future. Let me know if you've tried it yourself and what your opinions on it are. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

See you guys soon x

2 comments:

  1. Excellent review & first impression! I've been dying to try this product because I'm so pale and work during the day for most of the week so I rarely even get in the sun so I want something that will give me a little color on my body. Will have to pick this up soon for sure!! :)

    www.papercranegirl.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I would definitely give it a go, the colour it gives you looks so natural which is one of the main things I love about it! :)

      Delete