Tuesday 7 June 2016

High Street vs High End: Primers

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Mattifying Primer - £7.99
Urban Decay Brightening & Tightening Complexion Primer Potion - £19.50

I love finding a good bargain or good value products that don't break the bank. I have to admit that I'm a big fan of high end products, but when I hear about a high street product that works just as well or better, I always have to try it. I thought I'd start a little series of posts on high street vs high end products, as I've seen quite a few people do this and I always love to read them. The first product I thought I would do is primers, as I seem to be really enjoying a good base right now. I've used both these products for quite a while now, and have really been enjoying using them both. 

High Street - I decided to purchase the L'Oreal Paris Infallible Mattifying Primer in Boots one day as I'd heard really good things about their Infallible products. I had never tried a primer from them before, so was very excited to give it a go. The product is a clear gel that's very easy to apply and only requires a small amount for each section - I use about the size of a pea. I really like the way it feels on my face; it's definitely like I'm not wearing anything at all. It makes my skin feel very smooth and reduces any shiny spots I have on my face. It definitely keeps my makeup on all day, and I've found that my results look better - which I have to be honest, I was happily surprised about. The only downside is that I found the product to leave my hands feeling quite greasy, though it didn't on my face. This was the only thing I disliked about the product and I genuinely really like wearing it. I was very happily surprised by how well I got on with it, as I had never though of buying a primer from L'Oreal in the past but now I'm very glad I did. This is affordable and works really well, so it's a big thumbs up from me.

High End - I am a massive fan of Urban Decay and their products, so picked the primer potion up one day as I love using their eye primers and thought, why not use one for my face? I choose their brightening and tightening one over their pore perfecting one as I really liked the idea of it lifting and tightening any tired areas of my skin. This one is a milky white gel that is also really easy to apply and requires so little to cover my face. The packaging is absolutely beautiful - I love the idea of it being my little potion. I love how smooth it makes my skin feel and I've definitely felt it tightening my face - I have quite loose eyelids and have found them to be much tighter when I've used this on my eyes. This one is much more enjoyable to apply as it doesn't feel greasy on your hands, and makes your skin feel silky smooth as you go. After applying, you feel as if you're not wearing anything at all which I love, and it keeps your makeup on all day. Even though this might be a bit more expensive for some people, I absolutely love this primer and find myself wearing it most days. 

I have really enjoyed using both of these products and have very little negative comments about either. As musch as I love finding a good product for less, the Urban Decay Primer potion is my current favourite, and I feel like I will be repurchasing it soon. Saying this though, the L'Oreal Paris primer is definitely a great product that is so affordable, so if you're looking for good value for money, that's your winner.

Let me know if you have used either of these primers and what your opinions on them are. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

See you guys soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment